Wednesday, March 20, 2013

more sketches
















As you can notice I kept working on my last week's idea of wood + plexiglas + aluminium guitar... 

Music of the week: as strange as it may seem if you know my tastes in music, lately I really enjoyed Azealia Banks' video of 212, that I didn't know before (it's not so old, but pop music is so volatile...) 

I used to listen to rap a lot when it reached Europe a couple of decades ago, but my taste kept quite old school and after Run DMC, Public Enemy, Ice-T and such, it felt already quite exhausted... But nowadays' female rap brings a freshness and creativity that make it worth listening to again - and Banks is baffling! 

Another recent rap band I love is Die Antwoord from South Africa.


7 comments:

  1. you should give D a try in cardboard. I feel you on the exotic materials, but I think you also have a very attractive shape going on, in and of itself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the design is not achieved yet but you're right, D is close, and I could try it with different materials...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the lower horn protrusion of B.
    Hope to see many more iterations over that basic concept of material choice. How about one with a sharkbite? Looks good and has good ergonomics when playing in a classical position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I do like sharkbites too as I have a classical guitar background ; I will try.

      Delete
  4. In C, I especially like the continuous flow of the curve of the body that can be imagined under the higher frets - like on a telecaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the telecaster is always an inspiring starting point!

      Delete

gUitarREN's facebook

gUitarREN on Facebook